1. Q: When should I order my wedding stationery?
A: Not less than three months before the wedding date.
2. Q: When should I send out the day invitations?
A: Usually six weeks before the wedding date (possibly earlier for overseas invitations).
3. Q: Should the Guest List be finalised before I order my wedding stationery?
A: Before ordering, you should always finalise the guest list to ensure that all guests are included.
4. Q: How do I calculate the number of day invitations required?
A: Allow one card per couple or individual invited and order an extra ten cards to allow for errors or additional guests. A useful guideline is half your meal quantity and add ten. So if you have 200 guests you will need approximately 110 day invitations.
5. Q: What wording should be printed on my wedding stationery?
A: It depends on a number of factors e.g. whether the wedding is formal or informal, traditional or non-traditional, whether you or your parents are inviting your guests etc. It is best to verify the wording with all parties concerned e.g. Parents, Clergyman etc. See our wording section for examples.
6. Q: Is it my responsibility to ensure that all details are spelt correctly on the invitations?
A: It is your responsibility to ensure that all details are spelt correctly. In our order process you will have the option to review all text before submitting it to Lantz. This will be the final check for you to verify correct spelling for all details, which are to be printed. However a proofing service is available if required
7. Q: What times should be printed on my wedding stationery?
A: Verify the time for the ceremony with the clergyman. Discuss the time required for a personalised evening invitation (approximately six hours after ceremony time)
8. Q: What Dress Code should I put on my invitations?
A: Discuss whether a dress code should be printed on the stationery e.g. Black Tie, Dress Formal etc.
9. Q: What R.S.V.P. Date should I put on my invitations?
A: If a reply date is required, we suggest that it be approximately two weeks before the wedding date.
10. Q: What details of the Marriage Service should be placed on my wedding stationery?
A: Check all details with the clergyman before placing the order.
How to set-up your home computer to print with Lantz Stationery’s special size of insert paper for Marriage Ceremony of Order of Service Books.
For Microsoft Word Users
Step 1: Open a new document and you will now prepare the page to begin typing.
- Click ‘File’ then ‘Page Set-up’ and select the ‘Paper Size’ tab.
- Select the ‘Orientation’ of the sheet as ‘Landscape’
- Now enter a width of 244mm (or equivalent of 24.4cm or 9.60 inches)
- Then enter a height of 172mm (or equivalent of 17.2cm or 6.77 inches)
Now select the ‘Margins’ tab and change the sizes of each of these margins as follows:
- Set the Top Margin to 15mm (or equivalent of 1.5cm or 0.59 inches)
- Set the Bottom Margin to 15mm (or equivalent of 1.5cm or 0.59 inches)
- Set the Left Margin to 15mm (or equivalent of 1.5cm or 0.59 inches)
- Set the Right Margin to 15mm (or equivalent of 1.5cm or 0.59 inches)
- Set the Gutter to 0mm
- Set the Header to 0mm
- Set the Footer to 0mm
- Now click ‘OK’.
This has now changed that page size and orientation of your inserts.
Step 2: Now click ‘FORMAT’ and then ‘COLUMNS’
- Set the ‘Presets’ to ‘Two’ and the spacing to 30mm, (or equivalent of 3cm or 1.18 inches)
- Click ‘OK’.
- This has now created a left and right column on your insert page.
- Now save your temple:
- Click ‘FILE’, ‘SAVE AS’, change ‘Save type as’ to ‘Document Template’ and save your template with your selected file name.
Step 3: Now begin to white your wording.
We suggest that you select a ‘book’ style font for your writing at a point size of ‘10’. As you write you will notice that the columns will gradually fill up. We also suggest the following format selections for your book.
Any text being said by the Priest should be in the normal font selection with the initial "P" on the left-hand side.
Example: "P The Lord be with you"
Any text being said by the Congregation should be in a bold font selection with the initial "C" on the left-hand side.
Example: "C And also with you"
Any text being said by the Bride or Groom should be in an italic font selection with the initial of either person speaking on the left-hand side.
Example: "A I Audrey, take you Mark…" then
"M I Mark, take you Audrey..."
Step 4: When you have finished writing, now see how many pages are in your book.
The pages now have to be placed in the correct order for printing. For books that contain more than one sheet of paper, you will have to recreate a new file as per the previous instructions. Please follow the diagrams below to have your book printed in the correct order.